How We Can Help You 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Call the New Mexico Poison and Drug Information Center when you need:
- Life-saving emergency treatment information because you think someone has swallowed, touched, breathed or been injected by a poison.
- Answers to questions about any type of poison.
- Information about poison prevention.
Poison experts are ready to take your call.
Pharmacists specially trained in the management of poisoning emergencies and doctors specializing in medical toxicology will answer your call and tell you what to do.
The New Mexico Poison and Drug Information Center also provides:
- A drug information service is available to the public Monday - Friday, 9 am - 5 pm
- Professional and public education
- Services for the hearing impaired and non-English speaking persons.
The New Mexico Poison and Drug Information Center helps people of all ages.
- Pet Owners
- Healthcare Professionals
We help people in all types of poisoning situations who call about:
- Medications (Prescription, over-the-counter, herbal, illegal, or animal medicines)
- Household products
- Personal care products
- Plants & mushrooms
- Bites and stings
- Carbon monoxide
- Pet poisonings
- Food poisoning
- Drug and substance abuse
- Hazardous material incidents
- Environmental chemicals
- Work chemicals
- Weapons of mass destruction
What we need to know when you call:
- Exact name of the product involved (have the container close at hand)
- Amount of the poison the person was exposed to
- Any symptoms
- Time of exposure
- Age and weight of the person
- Any health problems the person has
- Any treatment that has been given
- Location of the person
- How the person was poisoned